Black Truffle pasta imported from Italy, slathered with a creamy Meyer Lemon sauce!
Remember when I made the truffle garlic fries? Gourmet Spot has sent me another tasting kit to play around with.
This month’s box includes handpicked products from around the globe, such as Italy, New York, and Georgia. It will lead me to a most adventurous culinary experience.
You can imagine how quickly I ate that cookie, blondie, and bacon caramel popcorn. I will definitely save the pancake mix for busy mornings during the week when I want a full breakfast before going to work.
Oh, and that black-tufted pasta from Italy? Yes, I loved that pasta, especially when it was mixed with a Meyer lemon cream sauce, sauteed kale, and crumbled Italian Sausage, along with a cherry tomato mixture. This is my paradise. What about the truffle aftertaste, too? Amazing. Perfectly, you can make it in less than 20 minutes!
Since we are on day three of the two-year blogoversary celebrations this week, I am giving away a one-month subscription to Gourmet Spotting Tasting Box so that you can explore the culinary universe in your kitchen. Enter through the rafflecopter at the bottom. Good luck!
- 8 ounces black truffle strangozzi pasta
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces spicy Italian Sausage, casings removed
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
- Chop and trim 2 cups of kale.
- 1/2 cup mixed medley cherry tomatoes
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of water and drain.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large pan. Stirring frequently, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Cook Sausage until it is browned (about 5 minutes), crumbling the Sausage while cooking. Pour in the heavy cream, Meyer Lemon zest, and pasta water that you have saved. Simmer until it is reduced by half (about 7 minutes). Add kale and toss for 1-2 minutes until it wilts. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately