This turkey bacon sandwich is topped with avocado slices, spicy chipotle spread, and fresh avocado!
You’ve probably noticed if you’ve followed Damn Delicious for some time that I like sandwich and avocado sandwiches. When Hidden Valley kindly sent me their new sandwich dips and spreads, I was immediately drawn to Chipotle. I knew that I would make a sandwich using avocado.
After much consideration, I made a club-style sandwich and added fresh avocado slices, as well as a generous amount of spicy chipotle spread. The spicy spread and salty bacon went together beautifully, while the vegetable mix-ins rounded out the whole savory experience. Avocado is a great addition to any sandwich.
- Eight slices of Applewood smoked bacon
- Toasted baguette cut into 3-4 equal portions to be served
- Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle pepper sandwich spread & dip, four tablespoons or more according to taste
- Baby arugula, 2 cups
- Two Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- Avocado, halved, seeds removed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Honey-roasted 8-ounce turkey slices
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy and brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon sandwich spread on one side of each slice of bread. Add arugula and tomatoes. Top with avocado, bacon and turkey. Then, top with another piece of bread to make a sandwich. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices to create four sandwiches.
- Serve immediately