The perfect toasted English Muffins are topped with a crunchy-chewy, nutty, sugary topping that is extra thick and chunky. This is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert after dinner.
How to Make this Little Delight
Combine Butter, walnuts, and pistachios with brown sugar.
Toast English muffins in the broiler.
Spread the mixture over the top and broil for another minute until the mixture is bubbly and slightly browned. They will burn if you don’t watch them!
Add honey, mascarpone, and even more nuts to the top! So amazing.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 pistachios
- 1/4 (4 tablespoons) Butter Softened or melted
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- English muffins
- Mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the broiler. I use “Low Broil,” but each oven is different in terms of which setting will work best.
- The nuts can be finely chopped in the food processor. Reserve a few spoonfuls for the topping. In a small bowl, combine the Butter, brown sugar, and remaining wild.
- The English muffins should be toasted on a baking tray lined with foil for about 3 minutes.
- Spread the mixture of nut butter on English muffins. Return the muffins to the oven a few inches from the broiler for one minute or until the mixture is bubbly and slightly caramelized.
- Add a small dollop of mascarpone and gently swoop it to melt the cheese. Finish with honey and extra nuts. Pour yourself a coffee to accompany it. It’s delicious!