You won’t believe the similarity between these overnight oats and pumpkin pies. It’s wild! There are also candied pecans, which simulate the crust by adding a crunchy crunch. Swoon! What about whipped cream instead? Yogurt, naturally. These vibrant oats, which are naturally spiced and sweetened, are also incredibly tasty. We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
How to make pumpkin pie overnight oats
The plant-based beauties start by mixing almond milk, pumpkin spice, and vanilla to create classic pie flavors.
Chia seeds and almond butter provide an Omega 3 boost. Maple syrup provides the right amount of sweetness.
To let the oats absorb all of the pumpkin goodness, divide the mixture into jars. Please place them in the fridge.
Once the oats are thickened, add a few spoonfuls each of Coconut Yogurt and 5-minute Pan-cooked Candied Pecans to complete the “crust.”
- Use any neutral dairy-free alternative milk instead of plain unsweetened almond milk.
- One cup of pureed pumpkin (unsweetened).
- 1 Tbsp of creamy unsalted almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Maple syrup, 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled Oats (certified Gluten-Free as Needed)
- 1 cup pecans raw, roughly chopped
- Maple syrup, 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla coconut yogurt (optional // we prefer Culina)
- Add the oats to a small bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the oats and stir again a few times.
- Divide the oats evenly between two small jars with lids or bowls. Press the oats with a spoon until they are all moistened. Set in the fridge overnight or for at least six hours to soak/set. Cover tightly with lids.
- CANDIED PECANS: In a nonstick pan, add pecans roughly chopped and toast for 3 minutes, stirring every so often. When the pecans are toasty, you should be able to smell them. Mix quickly and evenly to coat the pecans with maple syrup. Reduce the heat to low. Spread the pecans out evenly so that they don’t form large clumps. Add the pumpkin pie spices and stir again. Let it cool down completely. Store in an airtight jar.
- The next morning, top your oats with coconut yogurt and candied pecans. Enjoy!
- Our experience has shown that overnight oats can be kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. However, they are best eaten within the first 12-24 hour period. It’s not freezer-friendly.