A simple and refreshing hot dog for summer, topped with a spicy salsa of mango!
My editorial calendar has been crazy, and there are so many deadlines. I am just trying to do too much. I am learning that I have to learn to say no because I can’t do everything.
Hot dogs are the exception. Hot dogs are my specialty, especially Hebrew National.
I made these Mexican Hot Dogs recently, but I was in need of another Hebrew National fix. So I bought a bag and threw it on the grill. I quickly decided to make a spicy, refreshing mango salsa with avocado slices and my ripe, fresh mangos.
I was worried that the hot dogs I made were too simple, but I have learned that the simpler they are, the better. With these toppings, you will have the best summery and refreshing dog of this season.
- One mango, diced and peeled
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- One jalapeno-seeded mince
- Red onion, 1/4 cup diced
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, two tablespoons
- Honey, 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt pinch
- Six Hebrew National Hot Dogs
- Six hot dog buns
- Avocado, halved, seeds removed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Combine mango, tomato, and red onion with cilantro, lime, honey, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add the hot dogs to grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add hot dogs to each bun and top with avocado, mango salsa, or both.
- Serve immediately