What I want you to know about the healing chicken and risotto: It is fresh, limey, and salty. It’s super satisfying thanks to juicy and garlic-ginger-infused chicken thighs and tender jasmine rice, and it can be (read: should be) loaded with fresh herbs, peas, nuts, and more lime juice.
This will be a delicious miracle when you are suffering from a head cold. (*Not a doctor and prone to exaggeration. I’m convinced it’s good for the body and soul and those who enjoy a lot more flavor.
There are so many fresh and healing ingredients
The classic comfort food of chicken and rice is included, as well as:
- Ginger. So much ginger.
- Garlic and shallots. The right amount of potency.
- Turmeric dusting
- Salty broth
- One handful of spinach.
- Lime juice in excess is harmful.
- A little pile of mint and cilantro.
- Peanuts for crunch
It’s both savory and bright. Warm, cozy, and refreshing. Comfort food that is also super healthy. It’s also golden and gorgeous-looking.
How to Make this Chicken and Rice Soup
This is a very simple process! What’s going on?
- In a soup pot, sauté a bit of garlic, ginger, and shallots.
- The chicken thighs will brown as you add the spices and chicken to the pot. Set them aside.
- Once your spinach has shrunk, please remove it from the pan.
- Add the rice and broth to the pot. Let the rice cook until it is tender.
- Add the spinach and chicken to your dish.
- Sprinkle a little soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice on top.
You Can Get the Rice Texture Just Right
Jasmine rice will help you avoid mushy, sad rice in your soup. Add the jasmine rice at the very end, along with the broth. Cook until the rice is soft. In this case, it’s better to keep an eye on the stove and not leave.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers? How? How come you didn’t eat this ladle by spoon before it made its way onto the table? Okay, just us. Any soup left over can be stored in a container sealed in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. As the rice absorbs a large amount of broth, you may need to add more broth when you reheat it.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Cloves You can also find out more about the following: Thinly sliced
- 2 The knob is a -inch diameter fresh ginger Peeled and thinly cut
- 1 The shallot Peeled and thinly cut
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- One teaspoon turmeric
- 3 – 4 Fresh baby spinach
- One jasmine rice
- 6 – 8 chicken broth
- Juice of the day: 4 Limes (about 1/4 cup (plus more to taste)
- A splash of soy sauce. You can also find out more about fish sauce (optional)
- Fresh herbs For topping (mint leaves, basil, cilantro).
- Peanuts. You can also find out more about Cashews. Top it off
- Over medium heat, warm olive oil in a large pot. Add the shallots, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs. Sprinkle one teaspoon of salt and turmeric. Cook for a few moments without stirring. If the bottom is getting too brown, add 1/4 cup of water to the pan. Repeat until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the spinach to the pan along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from pan and set aside.
- Add the rice to your pan. Sauté for 1-2 minutes to pick up the flavors of the pan. Bring 6 cups of broth to a boil.
- While the rice cooks, shred the meat.
- Add the chicken and spinach to the pan when the rice has softened. Add fresh herbs, lime juice, and soy sauce/fish sauce to the dish. Add more broth if necessary. YUM.