A delicious, healthy, low-carb alternative to tacos! Packed with flavor and protein, this recipe is sure to please.
After making the black bean tacos with quinoa two weeks ago, I was in desperate need of another taco fix. With our Cabo trip in just four weeks, I needed a healthier option. These lettuce wraps were the perfect low-carb substitute to satisfy my taco cravings.
This recipe is not only delicious but can be made in less than 20 minutes and in one pot. How easy can it be? You can then spoon it into the lettuce cups to stuff yourself. Night. Long.
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- Ground turkey – 1 pound
- 1 cup of salsa
- Green chiles diced in a 4-ounce can
- Taco seasoning, one tablespoon
- One 15-ounce can of corn kernels, drained
- One 15-ounce black bean can, rinsed and drained
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- One head of butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the ground turkey to a large skillet and heat until it is browned. This should take about 3 minutes. Be sure to crumble as you cook. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in green chiles, taco seasoning, and salsa until heated, about 2-3 min. Mix corn, beans, and cilantro until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve by spooning several tablespoons of turkey mixture in the middle of a lettuce, taco style, and garnish, if desired, with cheese or sour cream.