This sandwich is a combination of roasted shrimp, roasted broccoli slaw, and fresh avocado nestled inside a freshly baked bun.
Happy weekend, everyone! Have you got any special plans this weekend? I watched the first 30 mins of The Walking Dead, so I will be watching that all weekend. I’ll have nightmares about zombies, but I can’t stop.
Jason and I plan to take our 5-year-old niece to the dress rehearsal of her ballet. We will be annoying “parents” who will squish into the studio in order to get a good seat and watch Sherman do her cute ballet moves. She is indeed the cutest in her class, and I’m not biased. Maybe just a little.
While I wait, here are some sandwiches to enjoy on the weekend. The sandwich is made with roasted shrimp, avocados that are freshly sliced, and a broccoli slaw. The bread can be any type you like, but I recommend using a freshly baked roll. The bread quality must match the other ingredients, if not exceed them. Make sure you make at least two sandwiches – just one is not enough.
- Peeled and deveined 1 pound medium Shrimp
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Four poppy seed rolls split and toasted for serving
- Avocado, halved, seeds removed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons mayonnaise
- Apple cider vinegar three tablespoons
- Sugar to taste: 1 teaspoon or more
- A mixture of broccoli slaw, 3 cups
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together Greek Yogurt, Mayonnaise, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Sugar to taste. Pour the mixture over the broccoli slaw and mix with a rubber spatula. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste and gently combine. Place in the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes, until they are pink, cooked, and firm.
- Sandwiches on rolls are great with avocado, broccoli slaw, and roasted shrimp.