This flavor combination is inspired by my favorite bubble tea order – red bean and matcha! Imagine a matcha brownie with mochi, red bean paste, and red beans. The mochi and sweet red beans will offset the matcha flavor profile.
After making the biscoff mochi brownie, I couldn’t resist dreaming of a mochi brownie v2.0 by adding another texture element. Here’s where the red beans come in.
I’ve added extra ingredients to the Takes 2 Eggs original recipe. The original recipe includes white chocolate to make the brownie different and fudgy.
A good quality matcha powder gives you a beautiful dusting of green on the top of your brownie. The color will dull if you bake the matcha powder into the brownie. After the brownie has cooled, dusting with an acceptable amount of matcha powder is a great idea.
- Unsalted Butter 110g
- White chocolate 120 g
- Three eggs
- Castor sugar 150 g
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Standard Flour 130g
- 2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 140 g glutinous Rice Flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 280 g milk
- Castor sugar 30 g
- Unsalted Butter 30 g
Red Bean Layer
- Red bean paste 150 g
- 1 cup
- Cooked red beans
- Melt butter and white chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together the sugar, vanilla, and eggs until pale and fluffy
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, and whisk together until combined
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder
- Fold the mixture until there are no flour streaks left.
- Place all ingredients, except the butter, in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix and microwave for 1 minute. Continue to microwave for 1 minute until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Mix the butter into the hot mixture. Butter will make the butter easier to handle
- Roll the mochi between two sheets of cling film when it is slightly cooled.
- Spread the red beans paste onto baking paper the size of the brownie pan, and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Pour half of the matcha mixture into the pan
- Add mochi, red beans paste, and red beans according to your taste.
- Continue to layer the remaining matcha brownie.
- Bake at 180degC 45min