Red curry caramelized chicken stir fry, served with steamy rice and broccoli, and blanketed in a creamy, bright, super flavorful cashew sauce that makes this whole thing into a luscious, look-forward-to-it-all-day dinner dream.
We are going through a phase of family dinners that requires a variety of foods: Bjork eats a ton (and I mean a TON) of proteins, and as usual, I try to add a ton of flavor to every meal. The girls also like having a selection of kid-friendly, familiar foods.
It’s been our go-to for the past month or two! This is what everyone wants.
Bjork’s chicken is a good source of protein, and I enjoy the flavor of the sauce and caramelization of the curry chicken. The girls will be happy with the steaming rice and broccoli.
Yes, the next SOS series is coming soon! But I couldn’t do it because of the sauce. This sauce is so delicious, and I couldn’t possibly sacrifice any of its flavor to reduce the ingredients list. It doesn’t meet our SOS requirements. It’s fine. Here it is anyway, kind of SOS-y and kind of not, but delivering on that lick-every-drop-of-sauce feeling in such a big way.
Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Make Cashew Sauce
All ingredients must be gathered together.
Blend them to make a smooth sauce that looks like this. It’s divine.
Coat the chicken pieces with Cornstarch and spices.
Garlic powder, salt, and pepper are my favorites, along with Cornstarch for a golden brown crust.
Pan Fry, the Chicken With Curry Paste And Brown Sugar
We are making a curry similar to a regular curry, but instead of adding coconut milk, we let the chicken retain all its flavor. Yes, please!
Serve with Broccoli and Rice.
You can either cut and cook the food yourself or use the steam-in-a-bag method. Doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter.
Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Half a teaspoon of Garlic powder
- One teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper Taste
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red curry paste
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
Spicy Cashew Sauce
- One 1/4 Roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 Water More as required
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 The following are some of the reasons why you should consider hiring someone else. You can also find out more about the following:
- Juice of the day: 1 – 2 Limes About 2 Tablespoons or to taste
- One teaspoon ginger paste. You can also find out more about fresh ginger
- Half a teaspoon Kosher Salt
Vegetables and Other:
- 2 Small steamed Broccoli florets About one small head or bag of frozen steam in the bag
- 2 – 3 cooked rice
- To make the Spicy Cashew Sauce, blend all ingredients in a powerful blender until smooth.
- Prepare the Chicken: Cut the chicken breasts very thinly. Add the Cornstarch and garlic powder to the chicken breasts.
- Cooking the Chicken: Add avocado oil to a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and curry paste; cook until bubbly and caramelized. Add the chicken. Let the chicken sit in the sauce for a few minutes, and then toss it once to coat the chicken. Repeat flipping and cooking until the chicken is done. Add 1-2 tablespoons water to the pan if necessary to remove any pieces of chicken that have stuck to the bottom.
- Serve: Serve chicken with rice and broccoli cooked in the oven and a generous amount of cashew sauce over it all.