As spring approaches, this zucchini ribbon pasta is perfect for Meatless Tuesday!
This past weekend, I went to Murrieta in California for the Big Potluck, a food-blogging conference that I had been anticipating for months. We finally arrived at the venue after a three-hour car ride in LA’s worst traffic. After drinking a little too much the first night, I suffered from the worst hangover ever.
This pasta dish is a great way to start a clean diet to regain my health. This is a simple pasta dish with avocado, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini ribbons. A little lemon juice adds some tang. I added some pine nuts for crunch. Feel free to use whatever you have available.
- 8 Ounces Fusili
- Olive oil three tablespoons
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed two tablespoons
- Oregano, 1/2 teaspoon
- Two zucchinis, cut in half and trimmed to length
- Avocado, half, seeded, peeled, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
- Pine nuts, two tablespoons
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- In a small dish, whisk olive oil with lemon zest, oregano, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Shave zucchini into wide, long ribbons using a mandoline.
- Combine pasta, zucchini, avocado, cherry tomato, goat cheese, and pine nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve immediately