This is the easiest and most delicious pasta you’ll ever make. Even the pasta is cooked in the pot. What a simple process!!
It is the easiest pasta you’ll ever make. The entire dish is prepared in just 5 minutes, including the spaghetti. The water only needs to be brought to a rolling boil.
Waiting for the pasta and liquid to reduce, which takes only 8-10 minutes, is the hardest part. It takes a very short time.
Add your freshly grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated cheese is the key) and sprinkle with more Parm if you like.
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- Smoked andouille sausage thinly sliced, one package (12.8 ounces).
- One large onion thinly sliced,
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves in loosely packed 2 cups
- Four cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Combine spaghetti, sausages, onions, tomatoes, garlic, basil, and 4 1/2 cups of water in a large stockpot Dutch Oven on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until the pasta is fully cooked and the liquid has been reduced. This should take 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
- Serve immediately