Topped with a Greek Yogurt Chipotle Drizzle and Avocado Corn Salsa, these grilled hotdogs are served with avocado-corn salsa!
Right? Memorial Day weekend means BBQ and hot dogs, of course. These Mexican hot dogs are the perfect solution. You’ll want to have seconds and even more like Jason. He doesn’t gain weight eating four hot dogs. He may have lost a half-pound. That’s a different story.
These dogs can be made lighter by using turkey sausages and whole wheat buns. You can also substitute Greek yogurt for chipotle sauce. You can also go for the full experience. This hot dog is sure to be a hit on your Memorial Day barbecue menu!
- 2 cups corn kernels
- Red onion, 1/4 cup diced
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, two tablespoons
- Salt pinch
- Avocado, half, seeded, peeled, diced
- Six Hebrew National Hot Dogs
- Six hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- One teaspoon of chipotle in adobo, or to taste
- Combine corn, red onions, cilantro, lime, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in avocado; set aside.
- Whisk together Greek yogurt with chipotle chilies in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add the hot dogs to grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add hot dogs to each bun. Top with corn salsa. Drizzle chipotle sauce on top of each hotdog.
- Serve immediately