I’m not the only one. Since my wedding diet was abandoned months ago, I doubt that I will be able to follow a summer diet.
You can use zucchini noodles instead of the carb-laden pasta. The taste and flavor will not be affected.
It’s low-carb goodness, I tell you! We have buttery, garlicky zucchini noodles with pan-seared lemon and garlic shrimp.
No, this is not diet food. This is the most buttery, super-slim, and quick dish with the shortest list of ingredients.
- Divide four tablespoons of unsalted butter into four equal portions.
- Four cloves of garlic, divided and minced
- 1 pound 3 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized*
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- One shallot, minced
- Peeled and deveined 1 pound medium Shrimp
- Lemon zest two teaspoons
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir frequently while cooking two garlic cloves for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini noodles and stir until they are just cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt or pepper to taste. Keep warm and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Stir frequently while cooking the remaining two garlic cloves and shallot for about 2 minutes.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally while cooking until the shrimp is pink and cooked, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve with zucchini noodles.