The sheet pan allows for less mess and less washing up. This is a win for everyone.
The broccoli is crisp and tender, while the steak is incredibly flavorful.
You can make the sauce on the stovetop as you cook the beef and broccoli.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Cut 1 1/2 pounds of New York Strip steak into 1-inch pieces
- Divided into three tablespoons of reduced sodium soya sauce
- Divided into two tablespoons and two teaspoons of brown sugar
- Two heads of broccoli cut into florets*
- Two teaspoons of toasted sesame seed oil
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly grated Ginger, 1 tsp.
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds toasted one tablespoon
- Cook rice in a large pan with 2 cups of water according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil or spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine steak with one tablespoon of soy sauce, two teaspoons of brown sugar, and a large mixing bowl. Place the steak and broccoli on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until broccoli is tender and steak is brown.
- Combine sesame oil with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and Ginger in a small pan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer; stir constantly while cooking.
- If desired, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and drizzle soy sauce over the steak and broccoli.